Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lido Beach/Siesta Key Beach- powdered sugar sand

The Siesta Key, FL beach is the #2 beach after Hanalei Bay on Kauai, Hawaii.
I can't imagine that I have lived here this long and have not experienced this beach until this past Labor Day weekend.


Dolphins everywhere and the sunset is to die for.

Very family friendly because your little ones can run for yards and yards on flat sand that is nice and cool.



The sand is literally like powdered sugar- cool to the touch- never gets hot- not too many shells- AWESOME!


It is made of 99% quartz. It is soooooo soft. Unbelievable.
Lido beach is close to powdered sugar as well, but has more shells. We enjoyed both beaches.
Enjoy the pictures.






















4 comments:

Dust said...

pictures are awesome! Maybe kris and I should do our honeymoon there!! =O)

mrsjojo said...

Looks lovely! With the sand being so fine, it must of been a chore cleaning it off of everything. Everyone looks beautiful! III is growing out of his baby looks so soon.

Alaskajamaica said...

YES-James III is now getting to be a little man huh? And YES! the sand....... whew- a beauty to touch and feel but the clean up was a challenge.

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

That looks wonderful. We go to Kauai in Feb so we'll have to check out the beach you mentioned. I LOVE the giraffe print swim shorts! What a handsome little guy you have. :)